Thursday, April 20, 2017

The End Of The Semester Is Drawing Near

The end of the semester is drawing near and the craziness associated with final exams, papers, presentations, and projects is imminent. Although I am looking forward to the summer break, I’m anxious about all the tasks I need to complete prior to being free. I spent most of the end of last week working on a Pecha Kucha for my Inclusive and Sustainable Urban Development course. For those of you who may not be familiar with this, a Pecha Kucha is a presentation style in which several pictures are displayed with a corresponding voiceover. My Pecha Kucha was on “E-Waste” in Agbogbloshie, Accra and creating this presentation helped me gain insight into environmental degradation in developing contexts, which is a subject that has not traditionally received a lot of attention. This is also the first time that I have had to create a presentation in this format and it helped expose me to numerous presentation styles that I may encounter in my professional career. 

Thank you for reading!
Denise