Monday, October 3, 2016

Meet Denise Bonsu, Admissions Student Blogger

Hi everyone! My name is Denise and I am a first year student studying International Development with a focus in social policy and programs. I am originally from Ghana and spent the first twelve years of my life residing in Accra prior to immigrating to the United States. Witnessing poverty on a day to day basis definitely drew me to International Development and helped shape my desire to work towards alleviating poverty through capacity building and social programming.


Prior to coming to SAIS, I was an undergraduate student at the College of William & Mary. I just received my bachelor's degree in Economics and Sociology this past May. Although I jumped straight from undergraduate school to graduate school, I had significant internship and study abroad experiences prior to coming to SAIS. Outside of international relations, I did competitive ballroom dancing during my undergraduate years and it is a hobby that I am still very much passionate about.

I have recently become very interested in the role that non profit organizations play in poverty reduction and am interested in exploring this avenue further during the internship opportunities I will have at SAIS and after graduation. I am also very interested in Francophone Africa and would love to concentrate in that region after graduation. Although my time at SAIS has just begun, I am excited for all of the future experiences I will have and can’t wait to share those experiences with all of you.

Thanks for reading!
Denise Bonsu, Admissions Student Blogger

Also by Denise:
Denise, What Are You Looking Forward To This Year?