Thursday, October 27, 2016

Lindsay, What Do You Enjoy Doing in Washington, DC?



I love outdoor/adventure activities, so my favorite weekend trips thus far have been to Shenandoah National Park; the park is pristine so hiking, camping, and backpacking are very easy. For my birthday this year my friends and I did the Old Rag trail located about two hours from D.C.; it was strenuous but the view from the top can’t be beat! I also like cycling the Mt. Vernon trail that travels from Washington D.C. to George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate. Within DC proper, I enjoy experiencing the city’s budding gastronomic culture—new restaurants pop up daily. My favorites thus far have been the Red Hen (Bloomingdale), Komi (Dupont), Le Diplomat (14th Street), and Bad Saint (Columbia Heights). My sister owns a PR company that represents restaurants in the DMV, so I have been lucky to try some of the more popular locales in the area. Lastly, I religiously attend the D.C. farmers markets on Sundays. They are a great way to meet local producers and to create sustainable consumption habits –the Dupont and Bloomingdale markets are my favorites.

You May Also Like
Paddle boating alongside the Jefferson Memorial