Monday, October 10, 2016

Denise, What Are You Looking Forward To This Year?

As someone who just recently begun her graduate school experience, there are so many different things that I have yet to experience at SAIS and that I am really looking forward to. One of those things in particular is the direction in which my Introduction to Development Course is going. As an Economics and Sociology major, I had taken numerous development courses within the economic and sociological fields but I had never taken a course that intertwined various aspects of development into one course. The Introduction to Development course does just that and provides me with a framework with which to approach development issues. Although the course has mostly revolved around theory, it will soon start branching out into different aspects of development and I cannot wait to discover the new material that lies in store for me.

The International Development department suite, located in the Bernstein-Offit Building


I am also really looking forward to taking other courses such as “ Basic Education in Low and Middle Income Countries”, “Improving Service Delivery in Developing Countries” and the IDEV Practicum which allows students to work directly with public, private, and non-governmental organizations on a specific project. With all the different course options available in the International Development concentration, I am sure that I will be adequately prepared to tackle any of the development challenges that may be hurled my way after graduation!

Thanks for reading!
Denise Bonsu, Admissions Student Blogger

Also by Denise