Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Advice to SAIS Applicants: Meredith P.

Today, Meredith P. shares her advice for applicants to SAIS.

image
Be an Early Bird…
If I could give one piece of advice to MA applicants for Fall 2015 it would be to finish the application early. The January 7th deadline sounds far away now but it will be here in no time. Especially with the holiday season coming up, the next couple months will fly by and you really do not want to be frantically working on the application the day before the deadline. I remember two years ago when I was going through the process of applying to graduate schools, I procrastinated and left a lot of my essays until the last minute. I spent my holiday break that year writing application essays, which is definitely not the most enjoyable way to spend your time off. Trying to finish everything so close to the deadline made the application process much more stressful than it had to be. If you are able to finish your work now, it will be a huge weight off your back. Not only will you have more time to revise your application to make sure the material you submit is your best possible work, but you will also have more time to relax. Finish you application now, make sure all your test scores and recommendations have been sent in, and then spend the next two months relaxing and enjoying the holidays.
–Meredith P., SAIS Admissions Student Blogger
Don’t forget, the M.A. application deadline is January 7.  To start (or finish!) your application, click here.
Photo © Stephen Heron / Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY-SA-3.0 / GFDL