Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SAISPride: Matt McClymont, Current SAIS Student

“As a second year student about to graduate I am grateful to SAIS for the experience that I have received.  What an incredible environment to learn all things international.  The professors are subject matter experts with invaluable, and entertaining, professional anecdotes that perfectly compliment their lessons.  I am constantly impressed by the expansiveness and helpfulness of the alumni network throughout the world and I will certainly miss the impressive speakers that are constantly on campus.  I was excited when I chose SAIS and the experience has by far surpassed my expectations.  I have seen how SAIS students excel in the real world with their strong knowledge of economics that is crucial to understanding how the real world works and how it drives domestic policy, foreign policy, strategic decisions, business and international negotiations. SAIS has given me the confidence, skill sets and contacts I needed to successfully bridge my previous work experience with my new career path.  I couldn’t be happier with my decision to attend SAIS.”

– Matt McClymont
Camino Austral in Chilean Patagonia