Monday, May 14, 2012

SAISPride: Kari Jaksa, 2011 graduate

“One of my favorite aspects of SAIS is its truly international nature – not just the faculty and students, who hail from over 70 countries, or the campuses in Nanjing and Bologna, but the fact that we as students regularly have the opportunity to travel, work and study abroad.
"My trip to Cameroon was my third to Africa during my SAIS career. As an African Studies concentrator, these chances to intern and conduct research in Cameroon, Tanzania and Malawi have deeply enriched my education. 
"My SAIS experience is not unique. Each summer and intersession period, my classmates find themselves scattered throughout the world doing great things. Their extraordinary experiences and achievements make me proud to call myself a SAIS student.”
Kari Jaksa
Cameroon