Thursday, April 19, 2012

SAISPride: Jason Loughnan, Current Student

“Just one week prior to reaching the summit, I had concluded my internship with Accion, an international microfinance network, which had placed me in Dar es Salaam to provide technical assistance to one of their partner institutions. Over the ten weeks of my internship, I visited ten of the microfinance institution’s branches around Tanzania, meeting with dozens of loan officers and hundreds of their clients to collect information about the bank’s operations and recommend improvements to their credit methodologies.  

“During the week-long hike up Kilimanjaro’s slopes, I had ample time to reflect that just fourteen months prior, I was working on a trading floor at Goldman Sachs in New York City. After a year of fascinating coursework, I had landed an amazing summer internship and was well on my way to my dream career, working to facilitate the accessibility and impact of microfinance around the world.”
Jason Loughnan
Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania